Saturday, August 25, 2018

Luca Ciarla, Violinist

This morning, as I was sampling old bookmarks from a folder named “Stack” which I started around fifteen years ago, I came across a link to violinist Luca Ciarla’s website. Born in Termoly, Italy, he performs and composes with an extraordinary breadth of style and expression, especially classical and jazz. He received his violin degree in 1993 and then studied at the Fiesole School of Music and the Scuola di Alto perfezionamento of Saluzzo. He has a masters degree from Indiana University and a doctorate in violin from the University of Arizona, where he taught for several years. He studied jazz with David Baker at Indiana.

This short introduction does not convey the delight Ciarla’s music inspires in both his live and media audiences[1]. His website, which contains several of his recordings and performances is www.lucaciarla.com. Many of his performances are posted on YouTube. (Search for “Luca Ciarla”)

Listen to this guy; his music is amazing.


  1. In my case, envy. My training is classical and I never took the time to learn to play jazz. That’s one of my few regrets in life.  ↩

No comments: