Tuesday, September 29, 2020

After the First Presidential Debate

I just finished listening to the first presidential debate between Joe Biden and Donald Trump. Here’s what I took away:

  • The moderator, Chris Wallace, failed to maintain control of the debate;
  • Trump was his usual rude self, interrupting and talking over Biden;
  • Wallace should have cut Trump off the first time he tried to take over the narrative;
  • The best way the debate could have been br0ught under control was to allow the moderator to mute the candidate that didn’t have the floor;
  • Biden performed ok, but he was outclassed in the contest to take control of the narrative.

I don’t know how the pundits will judge this debate, but my personal opinion is that Trump won, simply because he seized the narrative.

If you watched the debate, I would like to know what you think. Answer below in the comments.

No comments: